Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Western’s February Formal

By: Hailey S.
Recently, Western held its first formal school dance of the 2012/2013 school year. Students could come either dressed up or in casual wear.  The purpose of this dance was to encourage everyone to have some fun and get into the fancy, dressing up spirit! If you had the opportunity to experience this night for yourself, or you did not attend and would like to hear about how well it went, look no further. I had the chance to chat with three attendees of this year’s event, and I found out their opinions of how the night “went down.”

In your opinion, how was the overall experience of the night?
Taylor C.: It was pretty good! It started off really slow when I arrived there with my friend Annika. We didn’t think it was going to be as good as we had hoped because there weren’t as many people as I thought there would be, but by the end of the night, it turned out to be really fun! We all had a great time!

Klara H.: It was fun but I think it would have been even more fun if there were more people. It would have had a greater atmosphere.

Geneva B.: It was awesome because I came with a whole bunch of my friends, which made it a lot of fun! 


What made this dance unique or different from any other dance you’ve been to?
Taylor C.: Well, the committee that organized the dance really went full out on the lights, and the DJ was really good. The space and the ambiance were a lot better then some of the other dances I’ve been to.

Klara H.: The photo shoot that was at the dance was really cool because you could take group pictures with your friends and you could just goof around and be silly.

Geneva B.: You actually had to get dressed up in formal clothing so that was something different! I was wearing heels, which made it really hard for me to dance in. Tough life I know! Haha!


What was the highlight of the night?
Answer:
Taylor C.: I don’t know if I could pick a specific moment. The entire night was pretty good in its entirety. Probably, the part was when everyone was dancing all together to Gangnam Style; that was so funny!

Klara H.: The picture taking was the really great part! The professional photographer that came brought props so my friends and I were really happy with the photos afterwards.

Geneva B.: Surprisingly, the pictures we took were really good quality and turned out great, which I was not expecting! The only thing that could have made the night better would have had to be, fans! It was so warm in there so maybe even one door open and some fans could have cooled the room down a bit!.

As you can see, the photos taken during this exciting night were a big hit amongst the students who attended.  The photos allowed each attendee to remember the enjoyable times that occurred during this night.  These three interviewees definitely danced up a storm and had a great time. All in all, the February Formal Western Canada High School Dance resulted in smiles all around.  It was a perfect gathering to meet new people, or maybe, even ask that special someone, whom you’ve had your eye on, to dance. Because hey, the following day was Valentine’s Day after all! Based on these testimonials, you can see that the next dance truly will be a hit!